Thursday, September 4, 2008

RIP Petey

Petey
September 3, 2008 1:00pm-September 4, 2008 1:00pm
Our sweet Petey passed away today due to the natural affects of old age. He was 24 hours old [240 years in goldfish years].
Petey was a very happy little goldfish and was very pleasant to be around. He never complained when his little plastic "transportation" bag was shaken by a sugar crazed 3 year old. Never a word he spoke when his attempts to sleep were foiled by two little [gargantuine to Petey] noses were pressed up against the glass of his tank fogging up the glass and possibly leaving behind a little something else in the process. And never once did he whine about breathing in the same water in which he relieved himself. No, Petey was a good fish. He provided his family with abounding love, kindness, and comic relief (when he relieved himself in front of them of course...) He enjoyed travelling and saw many sites during the course of his day as he travelled from Walmart to his new home. He had been planning a trip to Paris in the fall [perhaps his family should take that trip for him... out of respect and in the name of his memory of course] Yes, he lived a good full life and now moves on to Goldfish Heaven.
Petey was preceeded in death by the love of his life, his companion, Goldy (she paved the way for him 5 hours before him). He is survived by his adoptive Mommy and Daddy, brother Mister Mischief, and sister Miss Thang.
Petey was buried at sea today in a private ceremony of only close friends and family. This is the way he would have wanted it.
In leiu of flowers, the family is accepting monetary donations in Peteys name. Please feel free to be generous.

5 comments:

Arian said...

Do you have a Paypal account set up in his name that we can donate too? :)

Natalie said...

I would love to help out with the services...perhaps a musical number? Maybe instead of funeral potatoes we could serve goldfish crackers! I hope that will not be to disrespectful!!!

Meili said...

Well, we can take comfort in knowing he lived a long, full life.

K. Bitton said...

You make me laugh! Thanks:) Today was the first time I had checked my Glenn's blog in ages. (obviously since I am just now getting back to you and you commented in June!) I have just been reading over your blog for the past little while, I think that if we lived closer, we would be great friends. We have so much in common!
Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your comment. I am glad you found relief. You guys seem to be doing great! I am so happy for you in that respect. It's so nice once you get back to 'normal' life after such a loss. I hope I am not too confusing, since it has been so long!=) I really enjoyed reading what you had to say about your sweet angel and the experience you had. It has nearly been a whole year for us, and I still cry my eyes out when ever I hear of any sort of child loss. As I am sure it does for anybody that has experienced that kind of loss.

As for the loss of your Petey, I can't seem to get rid of our goldfish! We are going on 7 months with him and I am tired of cleaning his bowl. It seems to get dirty the day after I have cleaned it:) Well, I hope you are doing well. It is nice to meet you! Would you mind if I put you on my blog roll? I really enjoy reading your blogs. Hope you have a great day!
Kayci Bitton

Sarah Garner said...

Our wonderful RS President is on top of it for the luncheon. Contact her and she will let you know what we need.

Goldfish crackers... it's only appropriate for such an occasion.

Thank you for your love and support.