Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Little Mousies

Okay, I'm going to cheat a little today and use a story that I posted on my regular family blog. Partly because I think it's a funny story, partly because I want to hear what everyone else has to say about the topic I'm about to bring up. But mostly because I just spent the first hour and a half of my kids nap time showing the AC repair guy around and receiving a thorough schooling on the intricacies of the modern cooling system.... which may or may not have gone in one ear and out the other as I was daydreaming about the chocolate dipped mint creamies waiting for me in the freezer and how I was running out of time to eat one before my little cupcakes woke up.


Sooooo I think it has definitely been determined that I am a certified blog stalker... er hopper. Hey, you admitted you are too. And if you didn't admit it and you are reading this right now repeat after me.... I am a blog stalker. Very good. It's always much better when you get past the acceptance stage.


Well, I have a pretty good rule for myself. If I get all my stuff done in the morning meaning house is cleaned, dishes put away, bed made, and I am properly bathed then the glorious three hours that my children sleep in the afternoon is MINE to do with as I please. And it just so happens that it so pleases me to take a dip and surf the net. Usually I spend most of the time posting on my own blogs, but I like tokeep up with what others are up to too.



But we've already covered this subject.



Before my children discovered the infinite bliss that is Super Why, I used to enjoy a nice helping of the morning news with my bowl of cereal. Now that I no longer have my morning news to stimulate me in the morning (and am a Mormon, and therefor coffee is off limits) my side dish of choice is a quick dose of blog I read up on my favorite dailies such as Mrs Dubb then quickly check to see if anyone else has updated. I'm done before my little piggies finish their first (yes...first...I'm afraid we may be right up there with ethanol gas in driving up corn prices with the amount of cereal we consume in our household) The rest of the morning belongs to my little piglets and my chores. The computer is put away.



Well, yesterday, a good friend of mine FINALLY updated after about 6 months. You can imagine my delight. I couldn't tear myself away from the computer as I read all about what they had been up to this summer... yadda yadda yadda... so it may have taken me a little longer to finish than it usually does. Mr. Mischief finished up his...oh... I was too into my story to keep count... lets just say 4th bowl of cereal for the sake of time, and had moved over to the couch.



As I was finishing up my online novel, I heard a rustling coming from the pantry behind me. Great, mouse season already. It had been cold this weekend, but did they have to invade so soon?!



Then I noticed the previously closed door was partially opened....




Man, these are some mutant mice.... they can have whatever is in the pantry... just leave my children (oh and my white cheddar popcorn please) alone!



Then I noticed Mister Mischief was no longer sitting on the couch.



I was too late my mutant rats already got him.


I tiptoed to the pantry to avenge my sons demise, threw open the door, and found this...


Here's my little mousie. Isn't he cute? I think I'll keep him.


Isn't it funny how even my 18 month old can detect when mommy isn't paying attention ie: on the phone, on the computer, making out with a fudgecicle. They don't even have to be in the same room, their detectors go off, and they exploit the temporary freedom to run rampant to the fullest extent?!



What do your little mousies do when you are "temporarily unavailable"?

1 comment:

Erica said...

Such a cute mousie!