Monday, September 15, 2008

Cash to burn?!

Still waiting for new name suggestions...

Okay, so, do you ever come across EXTRA money that you are free to spend without any guilt, remourse, "you shoulda paid the eletric bill" regret?

Yeah, me either (or is it neither? Would someone PLEASE tell me!)

But if you did, your mind would be spinning with the possibilities... a sexy pair of killer pumps (that probably WILL eventually lead to your demise), a new purse, 10 gallons of icecream (you know it's crossed your mind). You would go crazy knowing that money is sitting in your wallet begging to be freed and thereby add to your collection of "stuff"... eventually gathering dust in your closet. (unless you went the icecream way like me.. in that case EWE!) Anyway, if that was the case you would appropriately say that money was BURNING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET right?!

Well, I saw an iddy bitty little woman of Tawainese descent today taking this phrase slightly too literally.

I pulled up to a little strip mall to get my daughters hair cut (sadly, the mullet look is no longer "in" and I can't pull it off as "long hair" anymore. Plus, she likes to see. Her "bangs" were no longer allowing that option.). Next to the Dollar Cuts (only the best for my little mullet queen) is a nail salon with the tiny little Tawainese woman sitting out front with a little "bonfire" in a tin container. This looked odd, but what do I know? My kid has had a mullet for several months. I'm not the "social acceptance" committee. But I looked closer and saw what she was feeding the fire with...

$1 bills. What the?

Okay, it's only $1... but one after another after another. She was savoring each bill. She would dip it in the container and let the flames lick at the bill until it caught hold of it. She would then hold it by the corner and watch it burn until it was about halfway through then she'd toss it in and start on the next.

Okay, I've heard of having money to burn... but this is ridiculous. I can think of plenty of causes you can throw your "garbage money" at... my "Mommy needs new stuffing for her gym sock-esque deflated boobies fund" is at the top fo that list. Feel free to make your own contribution by the way. Email me and I'll give you the details.

What? You say you DO have money burning a hole in your pocket begging you to throw it at the first vendor to get in your face? What? You need a sexy new pair of designer jeans, but don't have $500 burning a hole in your old ones? Click here friend Des has an inventory of AUTHENTIC designer jeans that she is clearancing out right now. She'll give you a good deal.

Did I mention I could use a little "nipping and tucking"? It's amazing what 3 children can do you your body.

What do you think about "fixing what nature (and gravity)" has taken away?

2 comments:

Cameron's Corner said...

In your example, you'd want to say "neither" since you don't... and your friend also doesn't (find money, that is).

"Either" and "neither" are both singular adjectives meaning "one or the other of two." "Neither" of course means "not the first one and not the second one."

Either Bill or Bob is going to the conference. (One or the other is going, but not both.)

Neither Joan nor Jane likes sushi. (= Joan doesn't like sushi. Jane doesn't like sushi either!)



http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/english/2005/02/neither_or_eith.html

Like sisters musings about life... said...

I SWEAR you make stories like the Tawainese lady up just to make me laugh! Good luck with your little "fund raiser"!