Friday, September 26, 2008

Estrogen Stinks...




"I haven't had time to get to the gym in a while... so I've lost 10 lbs... SUCKS!"




Awe shucks.. I wish this was a problem I have to deal with. Nope, this is not a quote from me. It is not a quote from any women I know. This is a non-specific quote form any non-specific man in the free world that you or I may or may not know.




MEN SUCK.




Truly. I am seriously trying to figure out how and why our misguided society came to have the body image standards that we have today. Men (okay, ALOT if not MOST men) struggle to keep the poundage ON. They eat what they want. They live on french fries, Mountain Dew and the occasional protein shake (when they are trying to be "supportive of YOUR "I wanna fit into my pre-baby... or at least your pregnancy #1 "fat pants" diet.") They go to the gym to "bulk up". When they don't make it to the gym they get "scrawny" and have to start over. But society has decided that a scrawny male is not considered "ideal".




WOmen eat triscuit crackers and string cheese. We do 7 day "cleanses" where we drink only concoctions of cranberry juice, protein powder and toilet bown cleaner (or whatever your cleanse of choice calls for). We run. We go to the gym. We work as hard as we can... AND THAT DARN GHETTO BOOTY STAYS PUT. You work out for 3 months just to start seeing results. We miss a day at the, and we get "larger" and have to start over. Once again... society has decided that woman are more "ideal" when they are anorexic... at least by Hollywood standards.




Okay, is it just me or is something awry here? Is it just the whole, "grass is greener complex?" If women had to work hard not to be scrawny would the "ideal image" be different?




I know I am a pretty petite girl, I do not subscribe to any of the crazy cleanses, and I am not complaining about the way I look. But I do have to work at it in order to fit into my "ideal size" pants. Just this morning I had a hard time zipping up my pants and may or may not have considered drinking some cranberry juice and toilt bown cleaner. BUT I really am tired of hearing of so many people truly hurting themselves trying to trim themselves down more and more.




Why can't we be happy where we are at?




And why can't icecream make you lose weight.




And how come OUR bodies can't decimate calories before they hit our esophogus like the mens do?

4 comments:

Arian said...

Wow, soooo true! I put on a pair of my "normal" pants today and saw just what pregnancy is doing to my thighs and butt. Here I thought I was gaining all my weight in my belly. Ha ha ha. I guess that is what I get for truly thinking that od'ing on vanilla bean Breyers ice cream was a diet!

Stephanie said...

I can't stand that they can pee out the excess they gained that day while it takes us weeks to work off the excess we gain naturally from "That time of the month!" What's that all about?!

Meili said...

Seriously, guys have it so much easier when it comes to losing weight. But I find that I feel my best when I'm exercising regularly, even if I'm not at my "ideal" weight. Those endorphines just give me that boost I need to feel good about myself. No need to do the crash diets. (Really, that's just because I like food. I'd rather eat what I want and work out than deprive myself of hot chocolate.)

Quela said...

I totally totally agree! And a scrawny guy is definitely more ideal than a chubby woman. It's so not fair! I think men just have it easier because they aren't able to handle as much hard work as us women! Ha! Eat that and get fat on it men!