Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hi-ya


Do you ever have one of those days where you just have nothing interesting to say? I have those everyday you say? Then why are you reading this? I don't blame you. It's like a train wreck, it's horrific but you just can't make yourself look away.

If you are still reading this (and if you are you must be having the same type of day I did) I'll give you a few more minutes to waste before you have to scale the mountain range of laundry , attack the dusty plant shelves that have been on your "to do" list for months, or attend to the screaming children that have torn your house apart in an attempt to win your attention as you've been blog hopping for the past 3 hours. We really should be friends.


For those of you that may not be full time mommy's that may or may not think that the life of a stay at home mom is either:

A. BO-RING I would poke my eyes out with a spoon if I had your mundane life.

or

B. Sweet! Sign me up for hanging out on the couch in my robe all day nibbling on bon bons.

Hey... being a full time mom is a full time job thank you very much. And it does have it's exciting moments like... strategically walking out to the mailbox hiding behind one tree or bike at a time so none of your neighbors can see that you are still in your jammies at 3:00 in the afternoon. Or how about trips to the grocery store with two little kids? Ever tried that?! Definitely NOT mundane... unless you consider... narrowly avoiding being clubbed to death with a zucchini by disgruntled old woman (who has had it with your kids whining too)... mundane.


But today, I topped them all. I gave Bond a run for his money... only without all the cool gizmos (I really need to get my hands on a semi-automatic ball point pen or remote control lamborghini, that would make my stories SO MUCH cooler).

I lived on the edge. I went out of my comfort zone. I boldly went where no girl in MY family has ever gone...


I canned pears.
Okay... I stood around visiting with my sister in law (LOOKING very helpful I might add) wilst SHE canned our pears.


Yes, I know, I make YOUR life look mundane. If you want to join my world, take a trip to Walmart and take on the crazy zucchini lady. That can be your initiation, or hazing if you will, into my world.


How cool is the train wreck now?!

3 comments:

Arian said...

Look at you, Miss Domestic! I am so impressed. Bottled pears are yummy. :)

Heather said...

Canned pears huh...I would love to do canned peaches (don't care all that much for pears). Perhaps I should take my "hazing" and then I can join you for canning, or standing around "looking" helpful while someone else does the dirty work!

Quela said...

When I saw the "Hi-ya" and the Kung Fu Picture, I got excited to hear the story about when you tackled a pregnant woman, only to find out that I was reading about canning pears. Maybe another day.