Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beautiful Baby Bumps

Isn't the pregnant belly a beautiful thing? It represents the ultimate miricle of nature. Beneath this womans pale white skin is a new life. Another human (...hopefully..) grown out of almost nothing. A pure little spirit about to leave the arms of our Father in Heaven and join us in the wonderful chaos of life. This tiny little person moves free of any outside forces. It stretches, yawns, throws in the occasional jab... even flips you off... sometimes... [Maybe I'm the only one that ate too much spicy mexican food during my last pregnancy earning that little "one fingered salute of love". ] Let's admit it, pregnancy isn't always the most comfortable experience. Your body turns into an alien host body. Your little invader causes cankles, sleepless nights, nonexistant bladder space and 40... okay 50+ lbs to myseriously appear in places you didn't know you had "fat pockets". But it's all worth it isn't it? Definitely. And while you are drowing in a body full of retained water and excess blubber... and who knows what else... it is hard to swallow the term, "cute little preggo lady" (btw.. does the term preggo make anyone else want to vomit? I usually use it when I'm typing because who has the time to type pregn... oh nevermind... but seriously... it's a title for spaghetti sauce, not a unborn child shrine.) Anyway, I know when I am pregnant I don't feel beautiful, but I want to tell all of you out there....You ARE beautiful. ENJOY your baby bumps. APPRECIATE them for the miricle that they are. I sure miss mine sometimes... although I'm not ready to go there again. I don't miss being "fat", or crying uncontrollably when I can't seem to force that stupid button into it's dumb button hole, or "the waddle". But I do miss the feeling of feeling a life I created moving around inside of me. I think there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman.

That said... I have a confession to make...

I beat up a pregnant woman a couple weeks ago.

Yes you read that right.

Never mess with a woman at a bunco game. I don't care if you are pregnant, wear glasses, or are in a wheel chair with a missing foot. If you get in the way of my bunco dice and subsequent extra 15 bonus points... I WILL take you down. To the floor. Claws out.

We're still friends I think. She survived. Her unborn child survived. I almost didn't.... she put up a good fight...

Mei... if he comes out with a missing foot or something... I'll refund you your 15 bonus points next time we play.

And you can have Mister Mischief....

Have I mentioned I think you're beautiful...?



I don't think you can go to Heaven if you beat up a pregnant lady can you? Guess I may as well start enjoying life eh?! Pass me something I'm not supposed to consume please.

umm... p.s. thanks for outing me Q. Thanks a lot.

4 comments:

Young Family said...

Thanks for the "prego" post. I feel anything but beautiful. Unfortunately I way the same right now as I did when Hayden was born. Yikes! I'm only 25 weeks. I'm afraid what I am going to end up like.

However, I feel so bad every time I complain because I am so grateful to be having this baby.

Quela said...

If I remember correctly, you didn't even get the 15 points that time, so it was all for nothing! You're gonna have to find something better to refund Meili if her little boy comes out missing a limb cause that 15 points isn't even yours to give!
But don't worry, I'm sure if you repent now you can still make it to heaven. Well, maybe.

p.s. I totally say preggo all the time. It's just easier. I guess i'm just lazy.

Like sisters musings about life... said...

I hate the term Pregnant....for some reason it makes me worf back to high school when a couple of the girls got PREGNANT junior year (huge scandel at BHS)....it sounds bad to me...so Prego just sounds like Spegetti Sauce....So you will hear me ocassionally say Prego or Preggers.

Meili said...

Sarah, thank you for the tribute to Mei's bump! It totally made my day. Most of the time, I really am enjoying this, especially at night when the kid decides to get rambunctious right when I'm trying to go to sleep. I was alone in bed last night, just enjoying the little dude's movements.

And you don't have to repent too fervently. I wasn't an innocent victim in the dice grab. And I WILL get them next time, even if I'm at 39 weeks...