Friday, September 12, 2008

The Mommy Formerly Known As...




Don't you just love Prince?


I mean




or The Artist Formally Known as Prince


or The Artist


Anyone that is known all at the same time by one name, 4 names or just a symbol is truly cool.


Well, I'm pretty sure I could never pull off a purple velvet suit, but my kids think I'm pretty dang cool... on the days I can't take the whining and give in and let them have a cookie before dinner that is.


That said, in order to stay in league with the Hollywood elite, I think it is time to reinvent myself. "Stay at Home Mommy" just isn't an accurate title. It implies that I sit at home all day. With no other explanation that title screams, "I have so much extra time on my hands and have nothing better to do than sit on my computer all day spewing off nonsense." What'? It's not TOTALLY true.


So I have come up with some more appropriate titles:


Confessions of a Monkey Trainer/ Lunch Lady/ Household CEO


Confessions of a Housekeeper/ Chauffer/ Stagemom


Confessions of a Midget War Diplomat


Confessions of a Raw Egg Juggler


After all.... there is no resume that can compare to that of a mothers, whether you work from home or work in an office. I juggle 4 schedules (since WHEN does an 18 month old have a schedule?!), I cook, clean, bathe mud infested children, wipe doody off bums, I gather quotes for every imaginable thing that can and does break in our house, the responsibility of my childrens education scholastically and spiritually rests on my shoulders.... I (like every other "stay at home mommy") run my own little business I could go on and on and on... and feel free to add to my list in the comments section.


Being a mom is hard work, but I'm not feeling entirely creative today... sooo... I want YOU who actually read this to give me a new name.


What do you think? What is an appropriate description of what we, as mothers that quit working in an office to work at home, do every day?


If I use your suggestion I will send you a little prize! :)


btw.... did I mention I just started my own little BUSINESS? Click here to check it out:

yes... once again a blatant commercialization of an otherwise worthless blog.

No comments: