Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Is anybody out there...?

Do you ever feel like the crazy old lady that rambles and rambles... and RAMBLES thinking that you have amazing, wonderful, interesting things to say.... and then realize that you've been talking to yourself the whole time?... yeah... me either... or is it neither... I'm not sure.... I would worry about it if I wasn't pretty sure I was talking to myself again....


Well, if you are going to talk to yourself you might as well embrace it right?


Okay, self, [you are looking rather dashing today, I might add, in your crusty workout pants that you still haven't changed out of... some people can just pull ANYTHING off] we are going to have a little talk on something called blog etiquette.


blog etiquette [blog (picture a smiley face over the o) et-i-ket]: conventional requirements as to social behavior on a weblog; proprieties of conduct as established in any community in the blog-o-sphere
synonyms: weblog decorum, weblog propriety, don't be a butt-head behavior
see also: Blog Stalking for Dummies


Okay, okay... now I'M being a butthead. But seriously, this is something I want to talk about.


I have a HUGE confession to make. I know I make them on a daily basis, and they almost always make me look silly or just plain ridiculous. But this is my confession booth, and you as the reader (if you just read that then by my definition, YES you are one of my readers neener neener neener) are my priest. And this one is a doozy. Here goes:



I AM A BLOG STALKER
big time
Yes, as a matter of fact that is an embarrasing confession, thanks for asking.
What is a blog stalker you ask
blog stalker [blog (picture another smily face) stol-ker]: one who enjoys reading about the fun times other people have while wasting their life away sitting at a computer in their crusty old workout pants that seriously aren't as cute as they think.
see also: one who needs to get a life
Does anyone else find this blogging world addicting? I think this is my drug of choice. Now, let me clarify, I am not a creepy weird blog stalker. I do not dream about the people I read about, I do not make voodoo dolls, I will not name my next child after one of my blog heros....
although...ummmm...okay... feeling a story coming on.... I may have one time possibly been at a local fast food joint and wondered as a couple little kids on the playground scampered by why I knew their names and why their mom looked familiar and there's a slight possibility I maybe realized I recognized the family from their blog that I had seen on my husbands 10 year reunion blog. If that really had happened I would have gone up to her and fessed up and had a good laugh with her. But since it was waaaay to embarassing to be sure if that actually happened.... I didn't. BUT to my defense she was staring at me the whole time with that old, "I know you from somewhere look" so I'm pretty sure she knew my kids names too. (my blog address was also posted on the aforementioned 10 year reunion blog)
The point is, we all do it. You don't have to admit it, but you DO. It's fun. I've found several old friends that I haven't been in touch with for years through well... lets call it blog hopping that sounds so much nice than stalking. Nice that I didnt' think about that until halfway through my post.
If you are reading this right now chances are you are blog stalking me. That is fabulous. That is what I set this blog up for. Sometimes you have things to get off your chest that you just could never admit to those people that you have to look in the eye every day. So why not admit it to someone that if they passed you on the street would never know that you may or may not have peed your pants a little while laughing at your hilarious little daughter. (to those of you that I do have to look in the face in person... forget you read that last part)
HOWEVER, if you are one of my "blog hopping" buddies will you PLEASE COME OUT OF THE CLOSET? I loooove to read comments. I want to hear what people have to say. I sit at home all day talking to a 3 year old and 18 month old. My daily conversations consist of:"NO, NO, NO" "mmmmm that nummy nummy" and "yaaaaaaaay you went poo poo in the potty!" Sometimes (especially in the winter time when the kids are sick for 5 months in a row) the internet is the only place I have human contact until my hubby gets home from work and I would really like to have something more interesting to say to him than a report on the kids bathroom habits and the intriguing adventures that took place on 5 subsequent episodes of Go Diego Go. Plus, I think you will find that blog hopping is so much more fun when you get involved in the conversations that take place! We all do it, so you don't have to be embarrassed anymore that you are reading a total strangers blog. (unless you start dreaming about me, make a voodoo doll of me or consider naming your next child after me... then you may take your blog stalking elsewhere)

So tell me.... am I the only blog stalker out there (if you are the creepy kind feel free to keep your comments to yourself). Everyone else... tell me what is your funniest, most embarrasing, or heartwarming blog stalking story..



Please share!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

ok...I have commented before on your blog, and I am Emily Francis' sister. I seriously am so into blog stalking..it is not even funny! The crazy thing though, is I went private because I got a few creepy comments on mine..but I am all about reading complete strangers blogs! And yes, I have introduced myself in public to complete strangers...although I felt like I knew all about them due to reading their blogs! Pathetic...I know...but true, none the less! I think you will get the readers that you want and I have put a link on my blog for this blog...hope that it helps! You crack me up! Natalie lyman

Jessarella said...

So I have Google reader. (Best invention ever for blogger addiction anonymous)When I found your blog, I added you to it. It updates me every time one of the blogs I "subscribe to" has any new information on it. I literally used to sit and hit the refresh button to see if I had a comment on mine, or to see if anyone else had updated their blog. So now you can be assured that every time you post something new, I will read it on either my computer or my blackberry wherever I might be. Very cute family, very cute blog!
I am the same way, whenever I post something and I don't get a comment, I am like "don't they care? don't they think my kids are cute? aren't I clever and witty?"

Young Family said...

I'm a blog stalker. I too, have enjoyed catching up with old friends and also making new ones.

One of my favorite blog stories is that the UPS guy came to work and saw that I was reading blogs. He asked me if I blogged and then said to go check out his wife's blog. Now I know all about his family.

Erica said...

I think I'm going to be coming back to read more of your posts! This post was very funny!!

(I blog hopped from Natalie's blog.)

Heather said...

I am a blog stalker. I have gotten better, mainly due to not remembering addresses, but yes I love it!

No funny stories but love to find friends from high school who I totally had a crush on and see that they aren't nearly as cute as they were then.

Arian said...

My name is Arian Hatch and I am a blog stalker. I have a very select group that stalk but every now and then when those blogs are boring I venture into the unknown and check out random people. My favorite was when I randomly just started clicking on different blogs and ended up finding one where it was the wife of my very first unofficial kiss back when I lived in California. Talk about weird! I sat there and read thru practically every entry she had on there and imagined my life if I had married that loser. Soooo glad I didn't! So I guess blog hopping or blog stalking has a positive side... it makes me thankful for my life and the wonderful people in it, particularly my husband!

Like sisters musings about life... said...

I have no idea what you are talking about! I never do that...seriously I don't. Ok maybe just a little! Cute post!

Meili said...

Is it really stalking if the blogs are public? There are two blogs that I check daily, even though I've never met the authors. Actually, I got both addresses from you! You really do have a sickness... I'll give you the name of my shrink.

Quela said...

You know I used to stalk you, but it feels good to be out in the open.
I don't have a blog stalking story of my own, but I have one that happened to my brother.
I set him up with one of my good friends named Chuck(Who is a girl). But I also have another friend named chuck that is a guy. Now, boy Chuck has a blog with his wife, and my brother assumed that it was girl chuck's blog with her sister or something. So he went and found out all this info about her to make conversation on their date, but he was really learning things about boy chuck instead of girl chuck. It made for some awkward first date conversation.
I don't know if any of that made sense, but it does in my head. And now I know you're going to be so tempted to check my friend Chuck's blog. Or maybe my brother's blog, which is actually really good. If you're into that whole blog stalking thing, his is one to read. He's a pretty funny guy. Here's his url: jmetropolis.blogspot.com

Loralee and the gang... said...

Yes! I am not the only one! I would write a blog about blog stalking (oops, um, I mean blog hopping) but now I don't have to.. I could just copy and paste yours onto (or is it into? hhmmm) my blog. Problem is, all the other un-confessed blog hoppers would probably recognize it... but I have to tell you that I do have a 'Friends of Friends and their Friends' list that I keep all of my favorite links to people that are barely known or completely unknown to me, which includes yours. It would make me feel less guilty if you'd do the same, or at least look at mine! It's careysgang.blogspot.com Leave a comment if you like (or don't like) any of my posts!
Loralee from north Idaho :)