Friday, August 22, 2008

Campaign 2008

CRASH...BOOM..HISS...AAAAAHHHH
HIT THE DECK!!!

World War three was erupting in my living room. I came running... praying it wasn't too late. As the smoke cleared I discovered the heart of the action: two little boys flailing around on floor fighting for their very lives.

"NO YOU DOOOOOON'T"

"YES I DOOOO!"

"POOPOO HEAD"

"NO YOU ARE!

"NO YOOOOOU ARE!"

TIME OUT!!!

Oh how I wish at times like these that phrase had the same impact they did on Saved By the Bell. That the world around me would freeze as it was and I could remove the frozen soldiers from their death grips and reposition them to opposite sides of the... globe... SERIOUSLY.

Unfortunately life doesn't work like that so (sans appropriat bomb defusing attire) I entered the warzone and pried the two combatants off each other.

Okay, lets solve this diplomatically.

Defendant #1 state your case.

"He says he has Cocoa Puffs at his house, but he DOESN'T.. I DO!"

Defendant #2 interjects: "YES I DOOOO YOU DON'T!"

Seriously? I shouldn't be suprised. I really wouldn't be suprised if the real WW3 was initiated over such a life or death disagreement. After all wars are usually started by men...

I stood in the middle of them with a palm to each little head holding them back from each other as we resolved the situation and each eventually submitted to the fact that it was okay for both of them to have Cocoa Puffs at each of their respective homes.

Whew catastrophe averted.

Add war diplomat to my resume.

Here is why being a boy is great, though. They were about to end each others lives one minute and the next:

Best buds again!

Maybe I should head down to Afghanistan and put Osama bin Laden in a headlock. Wouldn't that save a lot of time and money? Then maybe we could focus on something more important like getting these gosh dang oil/grocery/everything else prices down so that I can once again afford a good pedicure!


The moral of THIS story:
VOTE MOMMY FOR PRESIDENT

3 comments:

Young Family said...

You get my vote.

Meili said...

I'll vote for you! And by the way, your photography is really fun. I love the low level camera angles.

Like sisters musings about life... said...

wow can you come over to my house? I have a few on going wars erupting here, the latest ones are who has the stinkiest feet....(hmmmm my vote would have to be daddy after a long day at work) and who is the best at going pee pee in the potty.....(my vote....Me hands down)

PS...you should be expecting a check in the mail for 6 cents. (don't worry I got your back)