Monday, October 27, 2008

Shutterbug...

Have you ever noticed that we as mothers sometimes choose totally inappropriate moments as our perfect "Kodak moments"?
Let me illustrate my point...

Mister Mischiefs first shots...
"Oooohhhh how cute, he's sobbing in excruciating pain from the giant needle that was just shoved in his tiny little leg... grab the camera!

Abandoned on the grass...

"How funny, your kid is scared of the grass"... mommy will save him but... let me take a picture first!

Eating Dirt...

"Ummm... your kid just ate playground dirt that may or may not be infested with some nasty flesh eating bacteria..."

"Click Click... don't want to forget this moment..."

Are these really precious moments that we won't want to forget down the road, or more ammo for our kids to use on when they are teenagers to prove that we don't love them and that we better undo the intense personal damage by buying them that new car...

I still think they are cute... am I a bad mom?!

6 comments:

Like sisters musings about life... said...

It never dawned on me to take a picture of Karly crying, until my mom said....she is such a cute cryer you need to get a picture of that....and then suddenly I wasn't trying to snap a picture when she was laughing and happy anymore, I was waiting until she was truly upset, before I would run for the camera.. which happened to be during her first ear infection....yes we are bad mothers.

Amy Bouck said...

Those are awesome pictures! I think it's funny that we immediately want to grab the camera. Maybe it keeps us from getting too mad at things we should get mad at...

Quela said...

Don't worry that I went to grab the camera to snap a picture of Roxy's poo incident. Who knows how much of it she ate while I was gone?? But the pics are great!

Heather said...

There is absolutely no such thing as a bad mom when it comes to taking pictures of your adorable kids.

Stephanie said...

I just took one of my daughter holding the poop she'd taken out of her diaper. It was ammo for me when she has kids and needs reminding that she wasn't the perfect angle!

Meili said...

These pictures are much more entertaining than the happy, smiling shots. The first one almost made me say, "Awwww!" out loud at my desk. The second one brought back memories of seeing Hunter take his first steps because his mean mommy wouldn't pick him up from the prickly grass. And the third one is just plain funny. These pictures are what childhood is all about.