Monday, October 20, 2008

M.A.S.H.


Where did you think you would be 10 years after giving your high school stomping grounds the good old "good riddance salute"?
I must say, that I never imagined that my life would be as evenful in 10 years as it has been. Between all my friends and I we have experienced what feels like a lifetime full of experiences ranging from divorce to loss of children, to job loss, to loss of our "eat a whole pizza at midnight and still keep your killer shape" bodies.
The road of life never quite takes you on exactly the journey you've imagined for yourself. But I'm happy to report... it ends up MUCH better! I mean lets face it... if life had ended up as my M.A.S.H. game predicted I would be Mrs. Joey McIntyre (New Kids on the Block), living in a shack with 20 kids, with an elephant as a pet.
I'll take my current life of being Mrs. Val Kilmer(ish), living in a house, with 3(ish) kids, with a dead fish as a pet.
Does life get any better than this? I submit that it does not.

3 comments:

Young Family said...

My life hasn't gone exaactly as I would have predicted in high school but I have to say when I look back on the past 11 years I am happy with the way things are.

Quela said...

I used to LOVE playing M.A.S.H.
Ohhh the memories...

Like sisters musings about life... said...

There should be a "rest home" version of M.A.S.H. That would be so fun! I used to be obsessed with that game we should re-vamp it so the excitement of it could be ours again....hmmmm pick four numbers between 60-100....and the number it lands on is when you lose all bladder control. Now are you going to live in a double wide retirement community in AZ, or an assisited living center in Lehi, UT? How many grandkids will you have? Modes of transpertation would be interesting as well. Could be fun!