Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Contest Time!!!

This is my little man. Dead alseep. Snoring in fact... in spite of my not very muffled snickers as I am trying to sneak a picture of his entertaining although precarious sleeping position.

I am a very mean mommy. I have trained my children to nap for 3 glorious hours every day. I need that time. I would get nothing done if not for that time.

That said, I strategically transitioned Mister Mischief into his "big boy" bed when he was 18 months old because he could not yet open doors.... (the fact that little miss was on her way and I needed the crib may have come into play too) (also I am a big fan of prison cells...?). The excitement of this new found freedom was just too much for my little man and as soon as his cell door was closed he lept from his bed into the waiting arms of his ridiculously packed closet of toys. That was fine with me. As long as he was in his room and I was free to eat my bon bons and watch my soap (because that's all stay at home moms do riiight?) I didn't care what he did in there.

Inevitably he would play and play and play until his little body just couldn't go any farther and he would doze off right where he was. I would go in and check on him about 20 or so min. after I put him down. Pick him up from the pile of toys he succomed to sleep in, and place him in bed for the rest of nap time.

Well, on the same note of Oscar winning parenthood, I walked in one afternoon and found him in the above spine crushing position. What do I do...? Rush up and scoop my child up immediately saving him from a killer crik in his neck? Absolutely...right after I snapped a picture.

Okay, I'm not meaning to rehash my last post. I have a point. I have had so many people approach me after yesterdays post about funny pictures they have taken of their kids and their own Parent of the Year moments caught on film... and they are SO MUCH FUNNIER than any of mine.

So...

How about a little contest. Please send me your funniest mommy shutterbug moment caught on film! Send it to: mommymustconfess@gmail.com by Friday morning. Friday afternoon I will post them all and YOU all will cast your votes in the post section over the weekend. Tuesday afternoon I will announce the winner. What is a contest without a prize?! First place will win a mind blowing (within the parameters of my little budget) prize PLUS a Mommy Shutterbug Contest widget to put on your blog... what is the point of winning if you can't boast about it right?!

What are you waiting for?! Get on it!

PS... thank you ahead of time for providing my Friday post for me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my sweet and absolutely hilarious grandson! I have THE kieee-utest grandchildren in the whole wide universe! No, I am not prejudice! If they have a "The Luckiest Grandparents Ever With the Most Adorable, the Most Beeeuutiful, the Most Lovable AND the Most Entertaining,Rib-Tickling Funny Granddolls" contest...Bob and I would get the grand prize of all grand prize...every year! Sorry my fellow grandpapas n mamas, but my mind can't be changed! I love yours and yours are definitely adorable but...! Hands down! I mean they can't help it when their parents are Sarah and Brett! Okay, I'm sorry I have embarrased you my so dear-to-my-heart daughter, but I'm not sorry I said it! I Love You!!
Oh yeah! I am going to enter the contest...if you don't mind,Sarah! Kay!? I apologize ahead of time if I cause you (or your siblings-yes, they will not escape mommy's "I LLLLove My Children" clutches) any kind of cheek-burning embarrasment (again)! But I promise it won't...too much! To all our friends reading this...be prepared for a challenge because not only do I have prize-winning grandchildren, but I have THE GRRREATEST kids in the universe as well! And now, the best son-n-law! Life is great! So I will gather my photo treasures and be off to the races! Get on your mark, get set, GOOOOO! P.S. I don't mean to be boastful, I am looking so forward to seeing everyone's little cutie batooties! I just love em' all!!!

Sarah Garner said...

WAIT A MINUTE!

I thought we were just opening our kids up for humiliation... I didn't know I would be included in the mix...

what goes around comes around I guess...

Joe and Kenzie said...

K I sent my photo in go team Landvatter!!!!!!!